How to order
deep books is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or our distribution services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
deep books may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode and preferences for marketing mailings
- other information relevant to customer fulfilment and the nature of our business.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to fulfil our function as a book distributor and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Your personal details will only be used in association with our core business of book distribution and book sales.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided but only if you have opted-in for these marketing emails. You can opt-out at any time.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you both physically and online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. This site has been set to use two types of cookie. The first type is a session cookie that will be deleted when you close your browser. This is used to pass information from one page to the next and allow for a better user experience on this site.
We use Google Analytics to collect anonymous information about what pages are most popular. This enables us to plan for future enhancements to the site. For further details please visit here.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at the address below or emailing us to firstname.lastname@example.org , or click the unsubscribe link available on every email marketing piece.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to sales department, deep books ltd, unit 3, goose green trading estate, 47 east dulwich road, london, se22 9bn.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to, or email, us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.