Imprint :Perigee Books
Publication Date :28/01/2010
Total Pages :304
Dimensions :133 x 210
Author :Ana Homayoun
THAT CRUMPLED PAPER WAS DUE LAST WEEK
Helping Disorganized and Distracted Boys Succeed in School and Life
4 in stock
As featured in the New York Times, an expert shows parents how to get disorganised boys focused, engaged and thriving.
Crumpled homework. Missed assignments. Falling grades. For many boys and their frustrated parents, these are facts of life. But they don’t have to be.
Ana Homayoun has helped transform the most disorganised and unfocused boys into successful students. While organization comes more naturally to most girls, many boys need to be taught how to organize and study and even why school matters. This guide shows parents how to:
· Identify their son’s disorganization style
· Help him set academic and personal goals
· Show him how to effectively tackle quizzes, tests and projects
· Help him learn from setbacks, tune out social pressure and fend off anxiety
· Cope with challenges like learning disabilities and divorce
More than a study guide, this user-friendly book provides parents with a roadmap for the success their child has had trouble finding-in school and in life.